Introduction and properties
Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (Igepon A) is a type of green
anionic-surfactant, which is made from the fatty acid derived from
1. Excellent surface active ability. Surface tension can be reduced
2. High and rich foaming, especially at pH 6 to 7; Stable foam in
hard- and soft-water. Synergistic effects can be found when it is
combined with other types of surfactants, for example betaines or
3. Good wetting, detergency, lime soap dispersability and
hard-water tolerance. Benefits also include non-filming and
non-residue of cleaned skin.
4. Good compatibility and skincare properties. It makes the skin
comfortable and feeling like velvet due to its mildness.
5. Readily biodegradable.
6. Superior solubility in hot-water, less soluble in the water at
room temperature. Adding it in surfactants as agitating slowly at
about 80° ; , stable and clear products would be prepared if the
weight of Igepon A is not more than 3% in the formulation. It can
not only be used for transparent liquid products, but also for
viscous emulsion/paste products.
1. Mild anionic surfactant. Applicable to a variety of personal
care products, like cream rinses, body shower foams and shampoos.
It can make skin soft, smooth and moist, make hair easy-comb.
2. Raw material of baby soap, complex soap, synthetic soap and
semi-synthetic soap. It can be used to make neutral soap as the
main surfactant mixing with pigments, flavor and other additives.
It can reduce the irritancy of soap-based products, improve
hard-water resistance, foaming ability and feeling to skin.
Moisture and softening effects can be obtained. Adding 10-15%
Igepon A to ordinary soap can make skin fresh, smooth and moist.
3. Applicable to the detergents for fine textiles, dishwashing
4. Applications in metal cleaning, leather cleaning, blankets
| ||Igepon A|
|Appearance(20oC)||White/light yellow solid flakes|
|pH (1%aq solution)||5.0~7.0|
|Solid (wt%)||99± 1|
(average molecular weight: 330)