Introduction and properties:
Alkylpolyethoxy carboxylates (AEC) are a new type of
multifunctional anionic-surfactants. The technology of AEC
preparation is one of the national key projects developed by China
Research Institute of Daily Chemical Industry (RIDCI). The general
structure of AEC is confirmed to be R-(OCH2CH2)n-OCH2COONa, which
is similar to soaps. AEC exhibit nonionic properties at low pHs due
to a poly-ethoxy group being inserted between the fatty chain and
the carboxylic group of soaps. AEC can be used in a wide pH range.
1. Good detergency, emulsifying, dispersability and lime soap
2. High foam power and foam stability.
3. Acid and alkaline stability, hard-water tolerance, high
temperature resistance, oxidants and reductants resistance.
4. Compatibility with general surfactants, especially cationic
5. Superior hydrotroping, usage in the preparation of functional
6. Non-toxic, non-irritating, and readily biodegradability.
1. Emulsifying agents in paste cosmetic products.
2. Personal care products of mild shampoos, bubble baths, cream
rinses, hand-cleaning gels etc.
3. Incorporated into soaps to improve mildness, lime soap
dispersability, foam properties.
4. Applications in household detergents? Industrial cleaning and
5. Applications in scouring, mercerization, bleaching, softening,
dyeing process of textile industry.
6. Applications in EOR and oil transportation as emulsifying agents
and viscosity reducer with resistance to high temperature and high
concentrations of electrolytes.
7. Applications in deinking and softening agents of paper industry.
8. Degreasers in leather industry.
9. Applications in foam fire extinguisher as foam boosters.
|Appearance(25° C)||Transparent liquid||Transparent gel||Transparent liquid|
|Solid(wt%)||18± 1||28± 1||28± 1|
|pH(10%aq solution)||8± 1||8± 1||8± 1|
|Sodium chloroacetate (wt%)||0||0||0|